Caramelized Tempeh Strips
Adapted from LuvTempeh by Maddalena Stancampaino
2 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoons coconut oil, avocado oil or ghee
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 clove minced garlic
½ teaspoon smoke paprika (optional)
- Cut tempeh into ¼ inch strips.
- Prepare marinade: whisk coconut aminos, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic and smoked paprika.
- Place tempeh drips in a dish or other large, shallow container and cover well with the marinade for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add tempeh in a single layer to the pan, sauté on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown / crispy.
- Add leftover marinade to pan and continue to cook until caramelized.
- Add tempeh strips to a wrap, salad or over grains and vegetables.